Scope and Contents
This collection contains materials from theater productions performed at Bergen Community College from 1982 – present. It includes items from student productions and other college theatre events performed by outside groups or performers. The items from the student productions include playbills, flyers, promotional materials, postcards, and tickets. The items for the other theater events include programs and brochures, which are usually part of an annual series such as Curtain Up! or This & That from Here & There.
- Creation: 1982 - present
- Bonnaffons, Ken (Person)
- Bumgardner, Jim (Person)
- Buttram, Jan (Person)
- Clifford, Mary (Person)
- Esposito, Michael (Person)
- Eterovich, Karen (Person)
- Monk, Kevin (Person)
- O'Neill, Thomas (Person)
- Saltzman, Jared (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
All videos in the collection are restricted to on-site viewing at this time. Please contact the BCC Archives for more information.
2 Linear Feet (2 document boxes and 1 media storage box)
Language of Materials
Bergen Community College’s history of theatrical productions began in 1973. Since then, the College has produced many musical and dramatic performances, and has also hosted many productions from other groups and performers. “These productions represent the efforts of students, faculty, staff, and alumni and are presented by the Theater/Performing Arts Discipline, the Theater Club, the Student Government Council and Student Activities Board, and the Office of Community and Cultural Affairs.” This collection holds materials that highlight the creative efforts of the Bergen Community College performing arts community.
The collection is arranged into 3 series. The items in each series are arranged chronologically. The individual items in series I and II (playbills, postcards, etc.) are grouped together for each production. Oversized items such as posters have been separated from the collection.
- Student productions: Materials from theatre productions produced/performed by BCC students and faculty. This includes Bergenstages, Ender Hall Lab Theatre productions, etc.
- Non-student productions: Materials from theatre productions performed on campus by groups or performers not affiliated with Bergen Community College. The productions each season are represented in pamphlets such as This & That from Here & There, Ciccone Theatre, Curtain Up!
- Audiovisual material: Video content of student productions (Bergenstages/Ender Hall Lab Theatre), primarily in DVD format.
This & That from Here & There (2003-2004). Theater Productions (BCC-001). Box 2, Folder 1. Bergen Community College Archives, Sidney Silverman Library, Paramus, NJ.
As new productions are performed at BCC each semester, new items will be added to this collection and the guide will be updated.
- Guide to the Theater Productions
- Kim Reamer
- June 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script